Tuesday, March 14, 2006

temporary break in the storm

The weather has been unaccountably fierce for early March in this part of the world. On Friday there was snow just above sealevel, by UC (and not the hilly bits either). There was also a fierce hailstorm.

I missed getting snowed or hailed on but was exhausted from all the adrenaline at work (continued prayers for the situation appreciated ... want to start looking for a job that is not quite as nutty).

I had a doctor's appointment so was out and home early. I got to the post office at about five to five to send off the IRS stuff. Then I went home and collapsed.

On Saturday the sun was shining. I helped polish brass at the church and then took a nap in the sun and did nothing much for the rest of the day. (I didn't know what to do with myself.) On Sunday I did not go to morning service because I was planning to go to evening service. I showered, I cleaned, I did my laundry, I replaced the light bulbs, I made truffles and lemon bars for the reception, and I showed up at church shortly after four.

The services were great (including our "alt liturgy" communion, which I wasn't sure about ... it was lovely to see the chapel rearranged, and in different light) and people said all sorts of nice things about me because I had brought the truffles ;). I was, if not exactly recharged, satisfied when I went home at about nine.

Yesterday was a non-adrenaline day at work, which is helping with the recovery efforts. Today will be a very busy one, but the break in the action was appreciated.

(It's raining again. I wish I could send some Arizona/TX/OK/NM way. We're getting yours.)

Charlotte

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Mmm. . .truffles. . .

March 14, 2006 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home