Saturday, April 29, 2006

Frying pan to fire?

Well, for the three or so of you reading, I would very much appreciate prayers for my health and work situation. It is officially Very Bad, and I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

I've been suffering very bad side effects from a medication, which I stopped, and was starting to feel back to my regular self before the latest shock. I cooked dinner on Wednesday. I went to the CDSP Eucharist on Thursday and had a grand time (Holy Smoke AND sprinkles! And singing "Cwm Rhondda", which always warms my Celtic ex-Methodist heart. What's not to like?).

And today, with tears in my eyes, I saw the first Gulf fritillary butterfly of the season on my passiflora vines. That always gives me hope.

10 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Well, I'm still reading and I'll definitely pray.

Gotta love "Cwm Rhondda." the Welsh know how to write hymns.

April 29, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I read your blog and I will pray.
As for Cwm Rhondda - I love that hymn.

April 29, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Prayers from here too...I'm so sorry life is tough right now.
"I am weak but thou art mighty
Hold me in thy powerful hand..."
(we sang Cym Rhondda at the fab wedding I did last weekend, so it's very present for me right now too)
Love and blessings

April 30, 2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

I am compelled to leave a comment, just to prove that there are more than 3 reading. I pray you are on the upswing as well: good Celtic hymnody and Spring have a cathartic effect on me.

April 30, 2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

You all are the BESTEST. I am not exaggerating. I can't begin to tell you how much your support has helped make a difference while I've been wandering in the dark wood.

Charlotte - not only do you have a fabulous name, I have just got to blogroll someone whose blog is called "The church lady cooks"! Roll up, roll up, to the table ...

April 30, 2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

God alwaysmakes everything work together for good. I'll pray for you.

April 30, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger LutheranChik said...

"Charlotte in California" is still circulating through our parish prayer list, and the Prayers of the Church on Sunday morning.;-)

April 30, 2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger sozzled said...

thoughts and prayers for you fr MN......

April 30, 2006 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure there's more than just three of us reading this ;)

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Charlotte the help of your power, that her sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

May 01, 2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger bls said...

Prayers from here, too.

Said 'em this morning, in fact, around exit 67. Hope it gets better.

May 02, 2006 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home