Thursday, March 27, 2003

The Road to Baghdad

I was one of those people who thought that the present war was not going to be a cakewalk despite our obviously superior military force. But I would have been disgustingly pleased to be wrong. Doesn't look like I am. Feh.

Unlike a lot of people, my anxiety level has gone down. Having had some vacation time and excellent quality time with friends probably helped. But in a way there is nothing I can do about it. Unlike a lot of people again, I am not glued to the TV or cnn.com; I'm normally a news junkie but the constant coverage makes me want to switch off.

A note about the "irregulars" - if some hostile force crossed the Oregon line and was heading towards Sacramento, I wouldn't be the least surprised if the locals got out their firearms and started trying to pick individuals off. I'd cheer them. I would probably be at home practicing my own firing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home