Sunday, May 21, 2006

the week that was

I walked to midweek service on Wednesday and got to sit in the chapel by myself for a little while:

tag here

Actually, I walked to church yesterday as well, because it's graduation season and I wanted to keep the reserved spots free for other volunteers. It's been lovely weather, so it's been very nice.

I'm back to work tomorrow after some medical leave - not quite sure I have my brain completely back, but I am eating and sleeping on somewhat of a regular-person schedule, which helps.

I went to see my parents on Friday and they gave me my birthday presents and also an afghan that my great grandmother (and namesake) had made. I was a bit surprised to see it as she has been dead for nearly forty years, but Mom's cousin had it. There have been a lot of times recently when I've just felt like wrapping myself in something and curling up (for sleep or comfort) and this feels like a tangible family blessing.

Maggie likes it too:

tag here

5 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I love the many colors of the granny square blanket. Looks like your cat Maggie does too!

May 21, 2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger bls said...

Happy Birthday! (Was that recently or was this a gifts-given-after-not-seeing-one-another sort of thing?)

(I think I used to know when your birthday was, but now I forget....)

May 23, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Thanks! The natal anniversary is actually June 14, but I had time off so I went to see my folks.

I consider Gemini and June to be my "birthday season" :-).

May 23, 2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Sounds like you are back on a more even keel - how nice to now have a blankie, too.
My daughter's birthday is June 14th. I hope it's glorious on the other coast :)

May 24, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger bls said...

Oh, now I remember why I knew. My birthday's just a couple of days before yours.

Well, let's both have Happy B'days, then.

;)

May 25, 2006 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home