Monday, June 19, 2006

I heard the news today, oh boy

I was traveling yesterday, and got home at about 10 pm, so am probably the last plugged-in Episcopalian to hear of the election of Katharine Jefferts Schori as Presiding Bishop.

My reaction (after "It's a girl!") was that there were some very qualified people in the running, so she must have made a big impression to be a clear favorite. Then I thought "boy, are some people going to be whining non-stop about the naughty Americans again". *eyeroll*

Micah was there and here is his account of the moment.

The expected conservative fuming has been visible on the Ship of Fools fora today. I don't want to go near the ""reasserter"" blogs. It all sounds like "Girls have cooties!" to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Girls have cooties"? Hmmm, I wonder where you picked up that terminology... :D

June 20, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

In the schoolyard about a dozen years before you were born ;).

June 24, 2006 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't laugh. Down Fort Worth way, them cooties apparently grow to monster size! ;->

David
(not much happier in the Dio. of Dallas)

July 05, 2006 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home