Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Humpday Misc.

Dibs and dabs from what's been going on:

1. The anemia has not been helped by weirdness at work. The call phone has been waking me up regularly and we have had a large network virus outbreak at the office that has pretty much kept me hopping for the last few days. I now look as tired as I feel. Spare prayers would be appreciated.

2. But I had no hesitation about going up to the healing station last Sunday. I also had a great time at a foodbloggers' potluck (plenty of chairs). yummy.

3. I am losing track of time. I didn't send my dad his birthday card and I brought my car in one week before I had booked it. Someone please throw a cloth over my cage. At least I realized that the potluck and my two main church volunteer gigs were on different weekends before, say, I showed up to do altar guild.

4. As I was dozing off to dreamland last night, I heard a tiny bit on the news (perhaps the Beeb) that Brother Roger of Taize had been killed by a madwoman. Or something that sounded like that to my fuddled brain. When I got onto the Ship forums in the am, it was confirmed for me. This is a very sad and shocking thing (who would kill a 90 year old monk? At Vespers?). May God grant Brother Roger eternal rest, and heal the community and the assailant.

I have been thinking (not singing, I have a cold on top of everything else) in Taize chants when I have a spare neuron. As legacies to the planet go, those Certainly Do Not Suck.

5. I caught up on my lectionary reading last night and read the Monday one too, which I hadn't read Monday, its being the feast of St. Mary the Virgin. The gospel reading for Monday, Proper 15, Year A is the story of Jesus cursing the fig tree because he was hungry but it wasn't the season for figs. Is there anyone else out there who thinks this is a followon to the story about the Canaanite woman, in that Jesus is being a bit of an asshat? Why didn't He use His powers to put figs on the tree out of season instead? Sheesh!

6. Oh, yes, and for Emily:

How to Crochet a Thurible

If the deacon at St. Spike's finishes hers, I will post an Action Shot. (We will also make book on how many choristers will start coughing.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Bless you!

August 18, 2005 6:07 AM  
Blogger LutheranChik said...

Many prayers to spare for you, Charlotte!

August 18, 2005 5:40 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Now I have seen everything - a crocheted thurible!
Cathy

August 18, 2005 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home