Sunday, November 20, 2005

I couldn't have planned it better

At St. Spike's we have a monthly "Third Sunday" offering for various charitable causes. This month's was for our regular Feed-the-Homeless enterprise. [Edited to add:] And I got tagged at the almost-last minute to make the pitch during announcements.

Today's Gospel reading was Matthew 25:31-46, the "I was hungry and you gave me food" one.

I hadn't read lectionary blogs, and even though this was my Altar Guild weekend and thus My Turn to Mark Up the Bibles, it caught me by surprise this morning in chapel as the deacon read it. (I mark them up - I don't read them!) I really couldn't have asked for a better lead-in.

(I must start *reading* the lections ahead of time, but that's another story.)

In musical notes, we sang the Venite today - hi bls! - and the wonderful "Immortal, Invisible".

4 Comments:

Blogger bls said...

Hi Charlotte! Did you like it? And which Venite?

November 21, 2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger bls said...

(Oh, man. I'm sitting here laughing like crazy read "making gift baskets"' post.

These people are too much, aren't they? Couldn't they just skip the pleasantries and get down to the sales pitch already? What a world.

Two words: Word Verification.)

November 21, 2005 5:57 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

We sang the one by Stanford that's in the Hymnal. But that's a great Psalm even when said (as we did at 8 am).

Re the deleted spam - it gets funnier. Some numbskull did one of these spams without putting a second key phrase in it, so there was %KEYWORD in the middle.

I am about to turn WV on for this one. I turned it on for L&C about a month ago after a bad spam attack.

November 21, 2005 10:00 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

And yes, I lurved it!

November 21, 2005 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home