Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Face Time

Or, "I'm so blogging this." (T-shirt?Button?)

Karen over at Kinesis posted about the first-ever East Bay Theology on Tap (a project of the Young Adult ministry of the Diocese). The subject? Blogging! I asked if middle-aged faithbloggers were welcome and she said "sure". I had meant to be mostly an observer but I ended up talking a lot (hopefully not out of line).

It was a very enjoyable evening and the questions people asked made me think about why and how I do it. One thing that has struck me recently (partly because I was reviewing my life for my "spiritual autobiography" for EFM) is what a small world a lot of the ECUSA is and how much that reminded me of growing up in the same small town my mother (and previous generations) had grown up in. I tried to more or less behave myself from a fairly early age because people were watching and if I misbehaved, word would get around and I would get in some kind of trouble. They're not likely to tell my mother these days, but there are real people out there whose feelings can get hurt, so I'm still trying to behave myself.

If you're reading for the first time - welcome! Please drop by the comments to say hi. If you'd like some tips to interesting faith blogs, I'd like to point out my cohorts at the Open Thou our Lips project. I was pulled into faithblogging by bls (as well as by Sara of Going Jesus), and met LutheranChik and *Christopher through there. (Actually I think this is how I learned about Karen's blog, too.)

I met Mike (a RC deacon) at a mutual friend's ordination and have been following his regular and travel LJs with great wonder since.

They all have very different styles but they are putting it out there and keeping it real. They are an inspiration. I am glad to know them.

1 Comments:

Blogger LutheranChik said...

I actually said, "I am so blogging this," the other day. [blushing crimson] I have become a cliche!

September 29, 2005 5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home