Sunday, December 04, 2005

Kitty!

I went to 8 am this morning because I still don't have much of a voice. (Well, that, and I have a lot of work to do around the house.)

I was thrilled to see our less-social church cat walk down the chapel steps and join us just before the service. She came when I made the "This is the hand that loves cats" gesture, and I had her in my arms for a while. Had to put her down (I don't have the Song of Zechariah memorized so had to fish out the prayer book) and she explored some more, then beelined for the altar area. I was a lot concerned about entropy, or her jumping on the small table that has the Advent wreath, but she settled into chairs and relaxed.

It was lovely to have a cat in the beautiful sunny chapel again. I'm also pleased to see Julian being more social.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I adore church cats. I'm glad you had a positive feline interaction.

December 04, 2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger LutheranChik said...

I like the way that cats make you feel chosen...they're really the ones calling the shots in a relationship, so when they're ready to let you scritch their furry little heads, you know you're "in."

December 11, 2005 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home