Tuesday, August 30, 2005

If you're still reading ...

It's gone from bad to worse with me. Spare prayers would be much appreciated.

Although, being the determined fool I am, I keep seeing light at the end of the tunnel. (Actually, a number of people I know tell me that they think I am a very strong and determined person to cope to the extent that I have. That, I think, is going to help me get off the failure bus.)

I only occasionally (like, when I have a sleepless night) have the energy for MP, but I'm really liking "A Collect for Grace" in the morning:

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all that we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

bls found another good one from the rich treasure trove of the BCP and posted it on Topmost Apple, for the victims of the mighty wind and water ... it's comforted me, in my relatively-a-lot-less-afflicted state, as well.

6 Comments:

Blogger bls said...

Still reading. Very sorry you're not well, and glad the prayer helped at least a bit.

I'll say another for you at mass today, and will participate in healing prayer in your name. And a prayer tonight.

We're thinking of you, Charlotte. Don't know what else we can do, but if there's anything, just say so.

August 31, 2005 6:18 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Thanks, sweetie. It does mean a lot.

August 31, 2005 7:06 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

I'll continue to remember you in my prayers, Charlotte.

August 31, 2005 12:25 PM  
Blogger Derek the Ænglican said...

Me too! Me too!

August 31, 2005 12:46 PM  
Blogger LutheranChik said...

Charlotte: I'm pulling out all the prayer stops for you. And getting some of my other friends involved too.;-)

August 31, 2005 4:07 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I hardly ever find myself quoting Scripture at anyone (bit of a disadvantage, that, in a Curate!) but Isaiah 35 seemed to belong to you as I read your most recent post
"The wilderness and the wasteland will be glad
and the desert shall rejoice and blossom;
like the crocus,it shall blossom abundantly and rejoice with joy and singing....
Strenthen the weak hands
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to those who are fearful-hearted
"Be strong, do not fear!
Here is your God...
He will come and save you"

Praying for you, Charlotte, as you wait to feel his love surrounding you.

September 01, 2005 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home