Wednesday, December 21, 2005

In the bleak midwinter ...

I'm under enough work stress at the moment that my Enjoyment of the Season has been officially cancelled.

It's really, really bad. Prayers appreciated.

In happier news, we had a wonderful Lessons and Carols at St. Spike's, I met a Ship person who wandered in there, I learned all about candle lighting (adding to my Store of Useful Church Knowledge) and Jennie brought her well-behaved little dog to 8 am last Sunday, which added a certain something to the service. It's not like we don't have precedent for well-behaved pets.

All blessings to you and yours. I hope to come up for air over the weekend, or New Year's at the latest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Hi Charlotte, prayers heading your way.

December 21, 2005 8:22 PM  
Blogger bls said...

Sorry you're having such a rough time, Charlotte. I'll say prayers for you tonight, too, and tomorrow, and hope things will get better so you can enjoy the holiday at least a little....

December 22, 2005 4:14 PM  
Blogger LutheranChik said...

You're in my prayers, Charlotte. I'm slowly but steadily recovering from my own weird holiday health issues...what a drag it is not feeling well this time of year.

BTW, how does the church kitty handle visiting pets?

December 22, 2005 6:38 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Thank you all. I really appreciate it. I saw a ray of light through the darkness today; as I was driving home the "Run to Bethlehem" bit of Auden's "For the Time Being" popped in my brain. I wonder if one of you was praying for me at the time ;-).

LC, the current resident feline doesn't make a habit of attending early service (unlike her sister), so she wasn't around.

December 22, 2005 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home