Sunday, June 01, 2003

Life gets back to somewhat normal

It's June! Oh my gosh! We are even having "summer" (not fogbelt summer) weather today. I am getting a lot of wear out of my new linen tank and shirt this week (and my habit of shaving my pits every time I shower whether I need to or not came in useful - it was foggy last Sunday when I showered, and it rained on me in SF).

Have not spent much time on the computer lately. One of the lights in the office is out, and it gets dark in there after 8. Since I made a couple of shopping runs (in search of shoe shelves and spice racks), I haven't been home early. Anyway, the cat has had first priority.

I am glad I don't have to pill her any more. She was getting fiesty! I had to wrap her in a blanket and totally immobilize her. Although I was very sneaky with the last two pills since I got the brilliant idea of keeping the pills on my bureau. Cat being stroked on lap, surprise, open jaw, plunk pill in. The element of surprise :-). I took her in on Friday morning since she had developed a swelling near her sutures and the vet had to hold her by the scruff of her neck. He said that the fact she was fighting so hard was an excellent sign ;-).

On Tuesday she started doing her little ear movements again. (I hadn't realized how much I missed that.) On Friday she actually came and greeted me when I got home. And the last two mornings she has jumped up in bed with me in the morning and snuggled. (Although she is not sleeping with me at the moment.) Now she wants to go OUT, which is a BAD THING. I am going to have to be sneaky about doing my laundry. She also seems to have a cold.

I was not organized enough to go to church this morning, although I wanted to - it's a beautiful day and last week was a lovely service and I even stayed for "The Forum". I did finally buy a fan (and assembled it - yay me) and also did an Emergency Cleanup on the back bedroom. My acquaintance Lenore is dying and people might come in for the funeral :-( :-(, so I will have houseguests much sooner than I expected. Happily the Intermetro shelving unit I ordered to store the fabric boxes on arrived, so I assembled it. Makes a big difference in that room. Ayse and Noel will come by and help me move some furniture out of that room. Once the extra furniture is gone it will still be Junky (since the Give-Away boxes are living there) but someone will be able to sleep in the bed and store a suitcase.

Otherwise, not much cleaning, but I am getting back in the swing of things.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home