Friday, December 23, 2005

Miracle on Sacramento Street

I must have some powerful Prayer Warriors in my corner here. I went from 4 mg V yesterday to Not a Damn Thing today. The dread I have had upon waking up is gone, as is one of the notable physical side effects of this whole episode.

Last night as I was finally driving home (after useful therapy and acupuncture appointments), a snatch of the angels' song from Auden's For the Time Being (which I had managed to read over the weekend) burst into my head:

Sing Glory to God
And good-will to men,
All, all, all of them.
Run to Bethlehem.

So I've been running to Bethlehem. And the joy is starting to break through.

Christmas blessings to you all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Well, yay!

Merry Christmas, Charlotte.

December 23, 2005 11:52 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

That's good to read :-)
Christmas love from here too

December 24, 2005 6:53 AM  
Blogger bls said...

Wonderful news, Charlotte. Blessed Christmas to you.

December 24, 2005 7:30 AM  
Blogger LutheranChik said...

Great news, Charlotte!

And, hey -- Christmas has just started!

December 27, 2005 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home