Saturday, February 21, 2004

Letters after My Name

A lawyer friend of mine says they're seriously overrated, and a psychologist friend of mine agrees, but I've finally achieved a technical certification after close to two decades of not wanting to deal with testing after surviving a tough college.

I passed the second of my two exams for my SANS GSEC certificate within the last hour. I got nearly 91% after white-knuckling it all the way. I am quite sure the pressure (there was a deadline involved) contributed to my Unfortunate Indisposition last weekend.

So I'm official, and my paper will be published at the SANS Reading Room shortly, and I can get on with my life. Which will include working on an MCSE once I am suitably recovered.

And the current answer to "what has it gots in its pocketses?" is not as likely to be "A spray bottle of Bach Rescue Remedy for the stress". I picked some up last Saturday because Elephant Pharmacy had one of their specials and finally started using it on Wednesday when I thought I would throw up, AGAIN. Stuff works pretty well.

Tonight I am going to enjoy a nice bath and read something that is not computer-security related. Tomorrow I will be back in bright and early to help patch the systems (sing "Ho" for the life of a sysadmin) but am planning to do some celebratory Retail Therapy downtown afterwards.

I did think of a cool new nickname for myself - "Geek Spice". I am amused (well, it doesn't take much, as those of you who know me know).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home